Special Olympics BC aims to bring sports programs and competitive opportunities to individuals with intellectual disabilities in communities across the province.
In places where there currently are no SOBC programs, there may be opportunities for volunteers to make an exceptional and substantial contribution to their area by starting a SOBC Local.
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities, please contact Sarah Wall, Special Olympics BC Manager of Community Development, at (604) 737-3125 or toll free at 1-888-854-2276.
Are you a new volunteer who has already registered with your local program?
Please click here to access the Special Olympics Canada Volunteer Orientation Course.
This interactive online orientation course will offer a thorough and interesting introduction to the world of Special Olympics, enhancing your ability to coach and support the SOBC athletes in your community and help them enrich their lives through sport.
- Click on create a new account
- Fill in the form and submit
- Wait for confirmation email, click on link
- Then you can enter site and find the volunteer training
- Click on British Columbia
- Click on Special Olympics BC volunteer orientation
- When you get to the first page of orientation, click on Part One Introduction and Overview, and then follow the modules