Whether you can help out once or whether you want to keep coming back for more, your contributions as an event volunteer will be deeply appreciated.
Special Olympics BC often needs event volunteers who assist at the fundraisers and competitions that happen throughout the year. Available positions vary from event to event, and from community to community. Roles include registration volunteers, event setup/take-down volunteers, auction support volunteers, drivers and others.
Event volunteers must fill out a One-Day Event Volunteer Form to ensure coverage by Special Olympics BC's insurance policy.
Are you a new volunteer who has already registered with your local program?
Please click here to access the Special Olympics Canada Volunteer Orientation Course.
This interactive online orientation course will offer a thorough and interesting introduction to the world of Special Olympics, enhancing your ability to coach and support the SOBC athletes in your community and help them enrich their lives through sport.
- Click on create a new account
- Fill in the form and submit
- Wait for confirmation email, click on link
- Then you can enter site and find the volunteer training
- Click on British Columbia
- Click on Special Olympics BC volunteer orientation
- When you get to the first page of orientation, click on Part One Introduction and Overview, and then follow the modules