Now hiring: Regional Field Manager, Kootenays
Be inspired, and inspire others. Build opportunities that change lives, including your own. Engage with people of all backgrounds so that others may be engaged. Be a part of one of the largest and most respected sport organizations in the world. Welcome to Special Olympics BC!
Special Olympics BC wants to support the athletes and volunteers in the Kootenays, and to do so, we are hiring an individual who will:
- do whatever it takes to build or maintain strong, vibrant and sustainable community organizations;
- bring new athletes and volunteers to the organization;
- train and support volunteers so that they may make the most of their involvement;
- initiate approved new programs in communities;
- assist with fundraising and resource development;
- work with community leaders to find solutions to challenges that limit Special Olympics growth and development; and
- build our base of fans including athletes, volunteers, family members, government, businesses, donors, and community organizations.
This position will require you to work evenings and weekends. You will travel extensively throughout the Kootenays. Your home will be your base office, but you will spend a great deal of your time in communities building opportunities that enhance the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities. The salary for this position will be mid-40’s with benefits.
Initially, this will be a one-year contract that may turn into a full-time position if you are the right person. If this is your dream job, and you have a valid driver’s license and vehicle, apply with a cover letter and resume immediately to email@example.com
Please click here to read more about the life-changing volunteer opportunities available with SOBC programs around the province.